About my projects and life: Gardening, birdwatching, fiber arts, weaving, knitting, spinning, tablet weaving, quilting, woodworking

Monday, November 24, 2008

sis's mit and hat done.















I finially got all the parts together to mail off my Sis's hat and mittens. (she lives in COLD Minnisota)
Here are some pictures.
The hat has earflaps and is a ribbed pattern. It is intended to fit under a riding helmet.


The mittens are felted and are very large. They are intended to fit over the streachy gloves. There is a ribbed inner cuff to keep out fluffy snow. The black ring is to tie on a though-the-jacket-sleaves cord or to hang the mittens to dry.
This is my first FININSHED knitting project. I used 100% wool to knit with. I learned a lot about knitting, especially that I enjoy it.





No comments: